Moths stay in dark places such as cabinets, closets, pantries, etc., and can be challenging to spot. They grow and multiply quickly, meaning if not treated at the early stage, the infestation may become severe in no time. Moths seem like harmless insects, but they are not. Though they do not harm humans directly but can cause damage to your belongings and even infect humans. In the business such as flour mills, moth infestation can create devastating destruction. They can spoil the stored food such as eggs, milk, butter, flour, bread, and other food, household products. Moth infestations can be a frustrating and damaging problem for residents and businesses in Perth. These winged insects are known for their ability to cause extensive damage to clothing, fabrics, carpets, and stored food items. If you’re struggling with a moth infestation, it’s essential to address the issue promptly to minimize the harm they can cause. Professional moth control services in Perth offer effective solutions to eliminate moths and protect your belongings from further damage.
Amaze Pest Control Perth is here to save your business and your home from pest infestation. We have expert technicians who are committed to offering exceptional pest and insect control.
• Always keep an eye on moth infestation at work and home. If you accidentally eat food items contaminated by them, then there is a chance you might fall seriously ill.
• One of the biggest concerns with moth infestation is that they are detected late, and by that time, it would be too late. They would have severely damaged carpets, blankets, and your favorite clothes.
• They spread and grow quickly, causing severe damage in a short time, leaving no place untouched.
• Further, they come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and colors, making it difficult to identify them.
• Plus, the hair from their caterpillar stage can cause asthma attacks.
• There are hundreds of moth species, but homes and businesses are infested by a small number of species. Moths typically fly around and reach houses, or they may be brought in by the garments and textures. These notorious pests do a pretty good job in hiding, and you come to know about them only when you take out your favorite garment to wear.
• If you notice moth infestation anywhere on your property, then it is time to call Amaze Pest Control Perth to effectively remove moth from your commercial and residential establishments.
Detecting moths is a daunting task, but at Amaze Pest Control Perth, we have a little know-how that can help you.
Below are the types of moth found in residential and commercial establishments:
• Unusual holes in your clothes are created by adult moths that have straw-color wings without any particular marks.
• Holes are created by the larvae of adult moths that have dark color wings.
• The adult moths with brown color wings with little spots feed on your precious woolen and leather material.
• Adult moths with white heads and speckled wings cause damage to the food instead of the garments.
Ways to Identify a Moth Infestation on the Property
• Movement of moths in and around the house: If you notice adult moths crawling around the house but are unable to fly, then this is a sign of moth infestation.
• Moths in the pantry: Small moths typically fly and stick around the areas. If you see moths entering the house, then it is high time to call a professional moth control Perth company to handle moth infestation.
• White caterpillars and cocoons that may exist on the dry food items: The food items that have not been used for a long time may have these cocoons and white caterpillars feeding on them. If you see such things, then call Amaze Pest Control Perth immediately.
• The silky tube-like structure holding moth larvae: If you have a moth infestation then you can find such structures easily deep inside the wardrobe or the pantry.
• Caterpillar with food: Caterpillar silk can be found intertwined with tiny food pieces in a form of a network.
Looking at the possible consequences of moth infestation, it is advised to control the problem at an early stage. In any kind of pest infestation, prevention is considered better than treatment. It is recommended to avoid the infestation bearing the potential damage they can bring to your health and the property.
So, ensure that you check the cabinets and make sure that everything is OK. Plus, look for mothballs on the floor, walls, and ceilings.
Industrial establishments must carry out regular inspections to prevent moth infestation and protect the business against the damage caused by them.
Granular pest control products should be used to keep the moths away, and in industrial plants, a regular inspection must be carried out. The equipment should be thoroughly inspected to ensure there are no mothballs and damage caused by them.
As soon as moths enter the property, they look for dark, unused places where they are multiple. So, it is essential to regularly check the storerooms where we keep fabric, clothes, food to be on top of moth infestation.
• Be extra vigilant throughout the summers and keep an eye on the dark corners in the kitchen and fabric storage rooms.
• Store the blankets, carpets, woolen garments, fur products, and fabric in sealed bags. Uncleaned and soiled fabrics attract moths, so ensure all the clothes are cleaned and stored.
• Place mothballs in drawers and closets.
• Don’t just focus on the adult moths, as they spoil the food item. Target the moth larvae to stop the infestation.
• Don’t seal the food products in containers and keep them unused for an extended period of time.
• Do not leave any corners or crevices while cleaning. Vacuum the entire cupboard and pantry with a nozzle that can penetrate tight corners.
• Ensure that the rooms get sufficient natural light and ventilation as moths grow in damp and dark places.
• Using nets on windows and doors to reduce moth movements within the house.
Moths are drawn to dirty and rough fabrics. Further, they are also attracted to places with poor ventilation and low light. If you have a moth infestation, it is advisable to consult a professional moth control Perth Company. Amaze Pest Control Perth is a reputed pest control company known for effectively managing and eliminating moth infestation at residential and commercial establishments.
How long does it take for the moth to infest in the house?
As they continuously breed, it will not be long enough before moth infestation becomes severe.
Do moths cause harm to a human?
Yes! Moths contaminate the food items and can trigger several allergies after contacting infested woolen clothes.
Apart from food, what are the other household items damaged by moths?
Moths largely infest on woolen clothes, upholstery, furniture, and carpets.
Which are the most common food items infested by moths?
Cereals, cocoa powder, coffee, grains, and flour are the most common food items spoiled by moths.
How many types of moth species are in Australia?
As per studies, there are approximately twenty-two thousand moth species in Australia.